BATTLE OF THE BANDS BY DEBBIE D: MY DECEMBER #BOTB
Hosted by StMcC Presents Battle of the Bands, this is where you listen to different artists and choose the one you prefer. Votes will be tallied and posted the following week. Care to join us on the 1st of every month? (Optionally also on the 15th.) Contact our host, by clicking on the above link (in red) and leaving a comment on his blog. The more, the merrier!

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ”ดThis blog allows embedding of images and videos in comments. ๐Ÿ˜Ž Click HERE ► to learn how.๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿ‘ˆ

December 01, 2023

MY DECEMBER #BOTB

WELCOME TO ANOTHER INSTALLMENT OF #BOTB!

'TIS THE SEASON! 
A personal message from me to you: 



I chose competing covers of the same song this time, but it's not Christmas-specific.


HISTORY

"My December" is a song by Linkin Park, an American rock band out of California. It was written by front man Mike Shinoda while the band was on tour, and recorded after the release of Hybrid Theory, their debut album, in 2000. Subsequent releases included it.  One of Linkin Park's softest songs, it features no distorted guitar elements and is carried mainly by piano.

[Reference only. NOT eligible for voting!]

On to the contest!

DEINE LAKAIEN

Deine Lakaien is a German band active since 1985. The group unites influences from dark wave with pop music and elements of avant-garde"My December" is the last track from their 10th studio album, Dual.

VS

THE LOST

The Lost is a band from San Antonio,Texas, fronted by film maker, writer, musician Freddie Muneaux. They recorded this cover of "My December" 5 years ago.

VOTE NOW!

Please state your preference in comments below and why you chose it.

Voting remains open until 11:59 pm, Dec. 7th, after which I will count the votes, add mine and publish the results.

These are the other BOTB regulars and semi-regulars. Please cruise on by their sites and, if they have a post up, vote on their selections as well: [Check back – there’s no set posting time]

As always, "Sharing is Caring". Spread this musical joy all over your social networks. ๐Ÿ™Œ
Hashtags are #BOTB and #dogladysden


Next Battle on this site will (maybe) be Dec. 15,
 (to make up for not using Christmas music this time).

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND ALL THE BEST FOR THE COMING YEAR!
Thanks for your support. ๐Ÿ’–

Follow THE DOGLADY'S DEN 's board BATTLE OF THE BANDS #BOTB at THE DOGLADY'S DEN on Pinterest.

decorative scroll for end of post: BOTB

SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING AT THE DOGLADY'S DEN! 
 

16 comments:

  1. Debbie -

    Thanks for the reminder that the holidays are not always happy times for everyone.

    I found the first one a little too depressing, but The Lost seemed to have a tiny glimmer of hope in their tone.

    My vote goes to The Lost

    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, but I wasn't thinking of this song in relation to the holidays. I just liked the haunting melody. ☺ Anyway, your vote for The Lost is duly noted. All the best to you, Mary!

      Delete
  2. That's a rather bleak sounding "Christmas" song. Not sure it will catch on as a classic, but apparently someone liked it enough to cover it.

    I didn't care for the vocals on the first version. Too much like the darker rock of the late 80's.

    I'm going with The Lost on this one.

    Now I think I need to go back to bed.

    Merry Christmas!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it was meant to be a Christmas song, Lee. At least, I didn't see it as one. Mostly, I was looking for something with the word December in the title and I liked the haunting quality of this tune. ☺ Anyway, sorry if it was too much of a downer. Your vote for The Look is noted. Cheers for a Happy Christmas to you and yours!

      Delete
  3. Let's see...the first one is too edgy. The second one had me looking for a hanky, but The Lost gets my vote anyway because December is a pretty good time for forgiveness ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a sad song, but that haunting melody attracted me to it. ☺ Looks like The Lost is going to dominate here. Thanks for voting and Happy Holidays, diedre!

      Delete
  4. It's December once again and I can't figure out for the life of me how that happened. The first contender was too dark to suit my mood and personality. The second contender had a nicer vibe. Please give The Lost my vote! I hope you have a festive Christmas season, Debbie! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Where does the time go??! Another vote for The Lost. I have a feeling this will be a blowout once more. Oh well! We are working on having a festive season, Cathy, and the halls are decked. ☺ I hope you and DH have a wonderful time on your vacation and beyond. Cheers!

      Delete
  5. Easy for The Lost. First one did not engage me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be the consensus! Thanks for voting.

      Delete
  6. DEBBIE, DEBBIE, here I yam! Fashionably late with freshly clipped finger nails an' all!

    I liked your idear of using songs titled by the names of the months. That was definitely a new thing in BOTB.

    Ordinarily I am a bit more original methinks, but in this case I'm agreeing with the majority and choosing the more "cheerful" (Ha!-Ha!) version by the equally cheerfully named band THE LOST.

    Apparently you picked up your phone and dialed 1-800-Jud-geAl. My Brother was with me in the room while I was listening to your Battle. He asked me if I liked the first rendition and I said, "No. It's just too dark." Well, after listening to both versions, Judge Al said that he preferred the first one by DEINE LAKAIEN. He didn't particularly like the song in general, but he said he kind of liked the voice of that first singer. I asked him if he didn't think it was dark and he said, "Yeah. But I kind of liked that."

    How weird is this? Let me put it in perspective for ya: Normally, Judge Al's taste in music leans toward The Archies, The Partridge Family, Tony Orlando & Dawn. You get the picture? (I'm wondering who this guy really is and what he's done with my Brother!!)

    I can assure you that he's not deliberately setting out to save you from shutouts; his BOTB votes are as honest as mine are. But the thing is... I don't know who this dude is anymore! :^)

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! Nice to see a tie-breaker and thanks to Judge Al once again. Cool that he surprised you! ☺ The idea may have been good, but obviously, my choices of cover artists, not so much. Also, I found it too limiting, so this theme is now officially retired. Anyway, thanks for adding your vote to the impressive total for The Lost.

      Delete
  7. About halfway through the first one, I lost interest. Add me to the ever-growing list of people voting for The Lost. It wasn't quite as boring...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure screwed this one up! ☺ Oh well, I'm retiring the theme now, which hasn't been very successful. Thanks for voting. The Lost reigns supreme!

      Delete
  8. I vote for the Lost...I liked it better and I couldn't stand the "crunching" footsteps or whatever that was in the other version! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and everyone else, apparently. ☺ The Lost is found! Don't remember any crunching in the first video, but I'll play it again. Thanks for voting!

      Delete

Thanks for participating๐ŸŒž