BATTLE OF THE BANDS BY DEBBIE D: NOVEMBER SONGS #BOTB
Hosted by StMcC Presents Battle of the Bands, this is where you listen to different artists and choose the one you prefer. Votes will be tallied and posted the following week. Care to join us on the 1st of every month? (Optionally also on the 15th.) Contact our host, by clicking on the above link (in red) and leaving a comment on his blog. The more, the merrier!

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ”ดThis blog allows embedding of images and videos in comments. ๐Ÿ˜Ž Click HERE ► to learn how.๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿ‘ˆ

November 01, 2023

NOVEMBER SONGS #BOTB

WELCOME TO ANOTHER INSTALLMENT OF #BOTB!

It's November already! Didn't we just have August??
The chilly winds and rain have set in here.
๐Ÿฅถ


This battle features different songs about November.

On to the contest!

NOVEMBER RAIN  

Guns N Roses

"NOVEMBER RAIN" is a song by American hard rock band Guns N' Roses. Written by the band's lead vocalist Axl Rose, the power ballad was released in February 1992 as the third single from their third studio album, Use Your Illusion I (1991).

The song peaked at number three on the US 
Billboard Hot 100, and was the longest song to enter the top ten of the chart at the time of its release. Currently, it is the fourth longest song to enter the Hot 100 chart.

VS

NOVEMBER TALE 

The Waterboys

""NOVEMBER TALE" is a song by Scottish-Irish folk rock band, The Waterboys. It is the first single from their 11th studio album, Modern Blues, released in 2015, peaking at number 36 on the British charts.

VOTE NOW!

Please state your preference in comments below and why you chose it.

Voting remains open until 11:59 pm, Nov. 7th, after which I will count the votes, add mine and publish the results.

These are the other BOTB regulars and semi-regulars. Please cruise on by their sites and, if they have a post up, vote on their selections as well: [Check back – there’s no set posting time]

As always, "Sharing is Caring". Spread this musical joy all over your social networks. ๐Ÿ™Œ
Hashtags are #BOTB and #dogladysden


Next Battle on this site will be Dec. 1st.

ROCK ON!

Follow THE DOGLADY'S DEN 's board BATTLE OF THE BANDS #BOTB at THE DOGLADY'S DEN on Pinterest.

decorative scroll for end of post: BOTB

SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING AT THE DOGLADY'S DEN! 
 

20 comments:

  1. Without having to even listen to the Waterboys, my vote automatically goes to them. Listened to way too much of G&R back in the day (kind of force fed by commercial radio) and always thought they were overrated. This power-ballad entry by them solidifies my belief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frist vote goes to The Waterboys. Thanks, GB. ☺

      Delete
  2. I tend to like orchestral arrangements, but the G&R song seemed to plod on forever. Maybe I'd appreciate it better at a different time. Funny, but I don't remember that song.

    I don't know the Waterboys song either, but it was more tolerable to me. I vote for Waterboys.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another vote for The Waterboys. Thanks, Lee. ☺

      Delete
  3. Debbie,

    WOW, what a battle! I love GNR's "November Rain" and I thought that's who I'd give my vote but it turns out my ear gravitated more to the bluesy song "November Tale". Please give vote to the Waterboys.

    Incidentally thanks for the concert advice and help. We got that all figured out and now looking forward to the experience that awaits us next month.

    My battle is ready for you anytime you want to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Waterboys are on a roll here! Thanks for your vote, Cathy. I'm glad those links were helpful. Have a fabulous time! ☺

      Delete
  4. Interesting matchup. I thought I'd heard November Rain before, but the intro made me think I was mistaken ;-) I don't recall Waterboys at all (Where do you find these artists?) but they get my vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. November Rain was a big hit, so you probably have heard it before. I found The Waterboys through Google search. It's an excellent resource. ☺ Your vote has given them a huge lead now. Thanks, diedre.

      Delete
  5. Debbie

    I am surprised! I thought for sure I would be giving my vote to GNR because I really do enjoy this particular song.

    But The Wateboys took me by surprise and I found myself truly enjoying their song.

    My vote goes to The Waterboys

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised The Waterboys are running away with this battle! Thanks for your vote, Mary.

      Delete
  6. I'm all for the Waterboys. I don't like Guns nor his voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and everyone else, Birgit! ☺ Thanks for voting.

      Delete
  7. DEBBIE ~

    I was about to listen to your Battle and submit my vote when it suddenly dawned on me that my brother, Nappy (a.k.a. Judge Al Bondigas), would be home in a few minutes. So I decided to wait and play the songs when he was here so that he could also submit "A rulin'" in the case.

    But FIRST! . . .
    Although I had heard OF them, I don't think I'd ever heard a song by Guns 'N' Roses until they showed up in a few BOTB installments that others had created. Frankly, what I heard sounded pretty unoriginal to me. I felt like they should have named the band The Rolling Aerostonesmiths.

    So, having said that, I was quite surprised that this power ballad song wasn't bad. I wouldn't go out and plunk down my buck and two bits for the single, but I didn't mind hearing it. Plus, the video was kind of interesting, and looks like it cost some money to film.

    Video Thumb Up: I liked seeing the Rainbow Bar on Sunset Boulevard in Hollyweird. I've been there before (they'll let just anyone in), and its famous for being the place where all the Rock stars - like Led Zep, etc. - would go when performing in L.A. Warren Zevon humorously mentions the Rainbow Bar in his song 'Poor, Poor Pitiful Me'.
    Video Thumb Down: I hated seeing all that good wine being spilt. (I don't cry over spilt milk, but wine is another thing.) And those dudes were Rock stars, so you know that was REALLY FINE RED WINE wasted, not like the garbage from Modesto that I'm forced to drink.

    So, the Guns 'N' Roses song was surprisingly better'n I expected. But it was a bit too long, methinks. And I liked THE WATERBOYS song mo' better. I listened to it twice. The first time, I was thinking the lead singer really seemed to have a Dylan thing going on, including the Dylanesque hat. The second time I played it, I didn't even watch the video, just listened. And hokey-smoke! He even sounds quite a bit like Dylan from one of those phases he went through yonder decades ago.

    Now, as for Judge Al Bondigas (Judge Meatball), he thought it was a real close contest and to his great surprise, he finds that he favors GUNS 'N' ROSES. (To quote him: "That's it! That's muh rulin'.") Debbie, I hope you aren't *too* disappointed that my Brother came along and upset the perfectly good shutout you had going on. ;-)

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Stephen, I am shocked to see The Waterboys get all the votes! That Guns N Roses song was an enormous hit, and I thought they would dominate. Thanks to your brother for breaking the shutout - WHEW! I enjoyed your background info on the Rainbow Bar. Spill the wine, take that pearl. Oh, wait - that was Eric Burdon. ☺

      Delete
  8. The Guns 'n' Roses song went on and on and on and... so I'm voting for The Waterboys. Wonder if I forgot to hit "publish"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably what happened, John. I've done it a few times too, and wondered what happened to my comment. Anyway, The Waterboys are winning by a landslide here. Thanks for coming back to add your vote. ☺

      Delete
  9. Oh! This is so hard.... It's got to be the Waterboys simply because I have always loved them and the November Tale ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this is quite the landslide for The Waterboys! ☺ Thanks for voting, Willow.

      Delete
  10. I can't help you with the landslide. Waterboys is by far the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the overwhelming consensus, Chris. ☺ Thanks for voting!

      Delete

Thanks for participating๐ŸŒž