BATTLE OF THE BANDS BY DEBBIE D: RAINY DAY IN JUNE #BOTB RESULTS
Hosted by StMcC Presents Battle of the Bands, this is where you listen to different artists and choose the one you prefer. Votes will be tallied and posted the following week. Care to join us on the 1st of every month? (Optionally also on the 15th.) Contact our host, by clicking on the above link (in red) and leaving a comment on his blog. The more, the merrier!

👉👉🔴🔴This blog allows embedding of images and videos in comments. 😎 Click HERE ► to learn how.🔴🔴👈👈

June 10, 2023

RAINY DAY IN JUNE #BOTB RESULTS

WELCOME BACK TO BOTB! 
It’s time way overdue to announce the results of the June 1st showdown.

This battle featured an international cast of artists:
Gene Pierson (born in Italy, famous in Oceania) & 
Clas Yngström, a Swedish composer.
The turnout was slightly better this month, but still fairly sparse. Oh well, summer weather beckons...

Time slipped away from me as well, and I must apologize for not responding to the voting comments, or getting the results in on time. 
Most of you preferred Clas' version, as did I. Gene captured the spirit of The Kinks' song well, and the thunder was a nice touch, but I cannot resist great guitar riffs and Clas had plenty of those! 🔥🎸🔥

Here’s how it went down:


Gene Pierson
Birgit, Cathy
Total: 02

Clas Yngström
Arlee, Cheryl, Chris, Debbie, diedre, Mary, Stephen
Total: 07

Another decisive victory! 

CONGRATULATIONS TO
Clas Yngström!
👏👏👏
Gimme some of that Fat Guitar! 

As always, "Sharing is Caring". Spread this musical joy all over your social networks. 🙌
Hashtags are #BOTB and #dogladysden

 

Don't forget to check back with the others, for their BOTB results: 

Curious as a Cathy / Jingle Jangle Jungle / Mike's Ramblings / Sound of One Hand Typing/ 
HOST: StMcC Presents Battle of the Bands / StreamPebbles / Tossing it Out

Next Battle on this site will be  July 1st.
Next battle on this site will be July 1st.

ROCK ON!

Follow THE DOGLADY'S DEN 's board BATTLE OF THE BANDS #BOTB at THE DOGLADY'S DEN on Pinterest.

decorative scroll for end of post: BOTB

▼ Check out what you missed at The Doglady's Den! ▼

 





11 comments:

  1. An outcome that was as it should have been. Too bad we aren't getting more votes of late. I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth putting up results posts. Oh well, I'm not doing much else when I'm home.

    Happy summer to you!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm not surprised by the results. ☺ It's too bad we can't get more people involved with BOTB. That would surely make it a bit more lively. Happy summer to you as well, Lee!

      Delete
  2. DEBBIE ~

    Interestingly, Gene Pierson got the first two votes right of the chute in your Battle and then... nothing. Clas cleaned up on all the rest of the votes from then on out.

    Believe it or not, there was a time - maybe 5 or 6 years back - when there were SO MANY bloggers participating in BOTB that I personally felt it had gotten too big (meaning: too time-consuming). And now we are down to 8 participants, and even a couple of them are almost like ghosts that just come and go at times.

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember those days, Stephen. ☺ I think blogging in general has become less popular in recent years. A happy medium would be nice, though.

      Delete
  3. Great battle, Debbie! So, how did you attract so many participants in the past? I do think summer and post-pandemic restlessness has a lot to do with the slowdown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, diedre! ☺ Stephen and Far Away Eyes started this challenge many moons ago and there were over a dozen participants. More significantly, many people not part of the contest came by to vote. That doesn't happen much anymore. In my case, I suspect creating a separate site exclusively for the battles was a mistake, even though I publicize BOTB on my main blog all the time. Oh well, we'll see what happens in the future. There's been a general turndown with blogging over all and yes, summer weather definitely contributes to that.

      Delete
    2. Howdy, DEBBIE & dIEDRE!!

      As a matter of fact, this coming August 1st will mark the 10th Anniversary of 'Battle Of The Bands'. That's hard for me to believe. And I'm happy to report that I have found us a new BOTB participant who will begin joining us on the upcoming 10th Anniversary.

      BOTB started very small -- just FarAwayEyes and I -- and I had to talk her into doing this music series with me. It grew slowly but steadily. And then at one point we had, I believe, 20-something participants. At which point it became a much bigger time investment than I liked. I believe that the sudden explosion was due in large part to the popularity of the 'Blogging A To Z' fest in April. Lee worked his BOTB installments into his A To Z posts, so BOTB got a lot of exposure at a time when blogging was still a big, fresh idea. A good number of Lee's 'A To Z' followers decided to also join BOTB, and that's how we got up to 20-something participants.
      .
      Eventually the enthusiasm for blogging began to wane (I think of blogging today as a fad that has faded) and, for a variety of reasons, participants started dropping out of BOTB over time. Finally, we wound up with 7 BOTBers (8 if you count Mike, who comes & goes and isn't very regular about it). We should be up to 9 participants beginning on August 1st. It would be nice if we could crank the participation "UP TO ELEVEN". ;-)

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
    3. Wow - 10 years! That's quite a feat, Stephen. What you said about Lee and the A to Z makes perfect sense. Blogging is definitely not as thrilling as it used to be, but I am excited to learn there will be a new participant!

      Delete
  4. Debbie,

    Thanks for reporting the outcome. I was on the wrong side. I enjoyed listening to Clas's closing song. :) I probably will skip July's battle. I really hate doing that but I've extended myself for too long and I think it's necessary to pull back so that I won't completely melt down. I'll wait to see how I'm feeling as the month comes to an end. I got so aggravated yesterday because the Linky Tools wouldn't display as usual. I think I screwed up something and that's the reason why it's (the java script code) not working properly. It seems like I had to add a line of code in WP site for it do this but that's been too long ago. Do you have any clues? Oh well...I'll figure out eventually. Have a bandtastic day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean about overextending, Cathy! Blogger burnout is something I've been battling for a few years now. Sorry you had issues with the Linky Tool app! I haven't used that in years, and can't remember the procedure, either. Hope you get it sorted out. If I don't see you in July, have a great summer! Otherwise, rock on...

      Delete
  5. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for participating🌞