BATTLE OF THE BANDS BY DEBBIE D: TITANIUM #BOTB
Hosted by StMcC Presents Battle of the Bands, this is where you listen to different artists and choose the one you prefer. Votes will be tallied and posted the following week. Care to join us on the 1st of every month? (Optionally also on the 15th.) Contact our host, by clicking on the above link (in red) and leaving a comment on his blog. The more, the merrier!

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ”ดThis blog allows embedding of images and videos in comments. ๐Ÿ˜Ž Click HERE ► to learn how.๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿ‘ˆ

May 01, 2024

TITANIUM #BOTB

WELCOME TO ANOTHER INSTALLMENT OF #BOTB!

 It's May and spring has finally sprung!

This battle features a duel between singing competition contestants.

HISTORY


"Titanium" is a song by French DJ and record producer David Guetta, featuring vocals by Australian singer and songwriter SiaTaken from Guetta's fifth studio album, Nothing but the Beat, the song was written by Sia, David Guetta, Giorgio Tuinfort and Afrojack.

The lyrics are about inner strength. Critics were positive towards the song and noted it as one of the standout tracks from the album. Sia's vocals received comparisons to those of Fergie's and the song was also musically compared to Coldplay's work

"Titanium" attained top 10 positions in several major music markets, including Australia, Austria, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United States. In the United Kingdom, it peaked at number one, becoming Guetta's fifth number-one single on the chart and Sia's first.

[Reference only. NOT eligible for voting!]

On to the contest!

ASHER HAVON, THE VOICE 2024


Asher HaVon is a rising star in the world of music, captivating audiences with his soulful voice and heartfelt lyrics. Born and raised in Selma, Alabama, Asher discovered his passion for music at a young age and has been honing his craft ever since.  
Asher has been competing on The Voice, and his performance of "Titanium" this week earned him a spot in the top 12!

VS

MADILYN BAILEY, AGT 2021


Madilyn Bailey Wold (born September 2, 1992), commonly known as Madilyn Bailey and Madilyn, is an American singer, songwriter, musician, and YouTube personality. As of February 2024, she has about 9.6 million subscribers on YouTube.

In 2021, Madilyn appeared on the 16th season of America's Got Talent, performing an original song made out of hate comments, which had gained over 20 million views on YouTube. 

She moved onto the top 36, to perform a cover of "Titanium" in the quarter-final, but was eliminated during the semi-finals.

VOTE NOW!

Please state your preference in comments below and why you chose it.

Voting remains open until 11:59 pm, May 7th, after which I will count the votes, add mine and publish the results.

These are the other BOTB regulars and semi-regulars. Please cruise on by their sites and, if they have a post up, vote on their selections as well: [Check back – there’s no set posting time]

As always, "Sharing is Caring". Spread this musical joy all over your social networks. ๐Ÿ™Œ
Hashtags are #BOTB and #dogladysden


Next Battle on this site will be June 1st.

ROCK ON!


Follow THE DOGLADY'S DEN 's board BATTLE OF THE BANDS #BOTB at THE DOGLADY'S DEN on Pinterest.

decorative scroll for end of post: BOTB

IN THE MEANTIME, SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING AT THE DOGLADY'S DEN! ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿป
 

18 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie!

    This is a good battle! I enjoyed both contenders, but I'm going to have to give my vote to Madilyn. I think this is going to be a tight race this time!

    ~Mary
    https://www.jinglejanglejungle.net/2024/05/battle-of-booze.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! First vote goes to Madilyn.

      Delete
  2. I preferred Madilyn in this battle round. Please give my vote to her! :) Have a bandtastic day, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy! Another vote for Madilyn.

      Delete
  3. When I first saw the title "Titanium" it took me back to a job I briefly had once cold-calling potential investors to put money into titanium. The job sucked and then I discovered the whole operation was a scam after we were shut down by the FBI or something. I didn't hang around to find out what it was all about.

    I did not care much for this song. Too much angst. I'm giving my vote to Madilyn because I preferred her style.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting story, Lee! ☺ Titanium does have a lot of angst, but it was a hugely popular song. Another vote for Madilyn.

      Delete
  4. VOTE = Madilyn Bailey

    I preferred Madilyn's style and her dynamic variances. Asher threw me off when he kept breathing in the middle of words - like 'rik - koshay' and especially 'titany - yum.' Ow. ~Ed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that detailed explanation, Ed. Yet another vote for Madilyn. It's starting to look like a shutout!

      Delete
  5. I was much more impressed by Madilyn's confidence, strength in style. She gets my vote, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madilyn seems to be everyone's favourite here. Thanks for voting, diedre.

      Delete
  6. Looks like Madilyn is running away with it, and I'm not going to stop her. Asher was OK, Madilyn was outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madilyn sure is popular! And here I thought it might be a close battle. Oh well! Thanks for adding to Madilyn's total.

      Delete
  7. This is a so g you hear often at these types of shows. I'm going for Marylin who has a unique voice and puts more towards the words. The guy sounds like many that were on these shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a few people do this song, but Asher's version was fresh in my mind. ☺ Another vote for Madilyn. Thanks, Birgit!

      Delete
  8. Hi, Hello & Howdy, DEBBIE! ~

    I had never previously heard this "song" nor heard of either of these "artists". I guess that makes me Old Mr. Fuddy-Duddy (but you can call me Dud for short - all my best friends do).

    To be completely honest and forthright, I'm not at all convinced that there's really any "song" to be found hiding somewhere within all of those vocal pyrotechnics. I mean, could anyone really whistle or hum this tune?

    All the while I was listening to Asher HaVon, I couldn't help thinking that Whitney Houston had been reincarnated as a big fella with giant nose ring (but the same overactive voice).

    I'll cast my vote for Madilyn Bailey Wold, primarily because she dialed back the vocal pyrotechnics to a more reasonable "11".

    Judge Al Bondigas was with me while I was watching / listening, so I axed him how he would rule in this case. He said that he'd find them both guilty, but he'd give a lighter sentence to Asher.

    So, please chalk up one vote for Madilyn and one vote for Male Whitney. ;-)

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what happens when I wait until the last minute to find a song! Asher's version of Titanium was fresh in my mind, as he performed it this week. I was impressed, but it seems nobody else is! Thank Judge Al for breaking the shutout. Your vote for Madilyn is also duly noted. Funny line about Whitney Houston! ☺ What's the deal with nose rings, anyway? Weren't they worn by bulls, originally? Generation gap!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I don't get that fad at all. Nor the fad where guys wear their pants down below their butts. It's almost like a competition to see who can make themselves look the dumbest!

      Yeah, rings have been put through the noses of bulls. But whenever I see some young, stupid guy or gal with a ring through their nose, I get mental images more like this:

      https://tinyurl.com/4825uvv9

      And, quite honestly, I have a difficult time even looking at a person with a ring through their nose. I divert my eyes as much as possible. It's like a car, train, or plane crash that I do NOT want to see!

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
    3. I'm with you on the nose rings and the pants. Love the pig snouts! ๐Ÿ˜† The centre ring is definitely off-putting, but I don't mind the clip on one side. Looks kinda cool, in my opinion. Not that I would wear one, myself. P.S. I've NEVER liked Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey.

      Delete

Thanks for participating๐ŸŒž