BATTLE OF THE BANDS BY DEBBIE D: SEPTEMBER GRASS #BOTB
Hosted by StMcC Presents Battle of the Bands, this is where you listen to different artists and choose the one you prefer. Votes will be tallied and posted the following week. Care to join us on the 1st of every month? (Optionally also on the 15th.) Contact our host, by clicking on the above link (in red) and leaving a comment on his blog. The more, the merrier!

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ”ดThis blog allows embedding of images and videos in comments. ๐Ÿ˜Ž Click HERE ► to learn how.๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿ‘ˆ

September 01, 2023

SEPTEMBER GRASS #BOTB

WELCOME TO ANOTHER INSTALLMENT OF #BOTB!

September already?!
Sad to see the end of summer approaching...

HISTORY

"September Grass" by James Taylor explores themes of nostalgia, love, and the fleeting nature of time. The lyrics paint a vivid picture of the transition from summer to autumn, using the changing seasons as a metaphor for the passing of time and the bittersweet memories associated with it.


From the album October Road, released in 2002.

[Reference only. NOT eligible for voting!]

On to the contest!

SCOTT ALAN

Scott Alan, aka The Island Doctor is a musician from Cleveland, Ohio, who operates mostly in Florida. 

VS

JEFF TOWLE

According to his YouTube channel, Jeff Towle is a singer songwriter from Minnesota. I couldn't find any other info. 

VOTE NOW!

Please state your preference in comments below and why you chose it.

Voting remains open until 11:59 pm, Sept. 7th, after which I will count the votes, add mine and publish the results.

These are the other BOTB regulars and semi-regulars. Please cruise on by their sites and, if they have a post up, vote on their selections as well: [Check back – there’s no set posting time]

As always, "Sharing is Caring". Spread this musical joy all over your social networks. ๐Ÿ™Œ
Hashtags are #BOTB and #dogladysden


Next Battle on this site will be Oct. 1st.

ROCK ON!

Follow THE DOGLADY'S DEN 's board BATTLE OF THE BANDS #BOTB at THE DOGLADY'S DEN on Pinterest.

decorative scroll for end of post: BOTB

SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING AT THE DOGLADY'S DEN! 
 

10 comments:

  1. Hey Debbie,

    I don't remember this song. It's a pretty tune. I preferred Scott Alan. He's more a more connected artist to his work. I could feel and it hear through his presentation. In my opinion, he has the better voice of the two and deserves my vote!

    My battle showdown is ready! Stop by when you can. ๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the right kind of song for the season, Debbie! That JT video made me misty : -) Scott didn't have the ambiance, but he sure has the voice. Jeff was alright...Oh, Scott gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both were decent covers, but I liked the background sound in the first video. I listened to that as much as the song being performed. And the guy is from my birth city of Cleveland.

    I vote for Scott Alan

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Voting for Scott Alan. When he started singing I had to double check that I hadn't clicked on the original as he sounds so close to James Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DEBBIE D'DOGLADY ~

    I'm not sure I'd ever heard this song before (other than 'Fire And Rain', I was never really into James Taylor's stuffs), but I definitely liked it. It has that "bittersweet memories" quality that touches me deeply, and even more so the older I get. You know, Debbie, for a Hard Rockin' Woman, you sure do have good taste in music! ;-)

    SCOTT ALAN's version was so light 'n' breezy compared to Jeff Towle's rendition. And Scott Alan seemed to exude a very likeable persona while performing. This was an easy choice for me. I asked Judge Al Bondigas which recording he preferred and he said that he was *ALSO* rulin' for SCOTT ALAN "Because".

    Chalk up one more Vote and one Rulin' for Mr. Light 'N' Breezy.

    I hopes you don't end up with a shutout here, but it's looking kind of grim so far.

    ~ STMcC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm gonna buck the crowd and go with Jeff. If the audio quality had been better, might have been a different story, but the voices were too comparable to not have it make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great song! James Taylor is awesome but I don't need to even point that out. Both other singers are really good but I am going to vote for Scott Alan just because I like his voice. I wish the audio had been a little better but he sounds very much like James Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For your other BOTB players here is my link: https://christinebialczak.com/2023/09/02/battle-of-the-bands-september/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I might be an odd duck but I prefer Jeff over Scott. He sounded crisp and his own while Scott's version was good but, to be honest, I wad thinking the sound quality wasn't very good until I realized it was supposed to be rai !...hahahaaa. that interfered with my listening to him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to vote for Scott. They're both good singers, but Scott seems more at ease with the guitar.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for participating๐ŸŒž