BATTLE OF THE BANDS BY DEBBIE D: AUGUST MOON #BOTB
Hosted by StMcC Presents Battle of the Bands, this is where you listen to different artists and choose the one you prefer. Votes will be tallied and posted the following week. Care to join us on the 1st of every month? (Optionally also on the 15th.) Contact our host, by clicking on the above link (in red) and leaving a comment on his blog. The more, the merrier!

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ”ดThis blog allows embedding of images and videos in comments. ๐Ÿ˜Ž Click HERE ► to learn how.๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿ‘ˆ

August 01, 2023

AUGUST MOON #BOTB

WELCOME TO ANOTHER INSTALLMENT OF #BOTB!

♫I'm going with instrumentals honouring the two super moons this month
The first one is tonight (Aug. 1)!


On to the contest!

OTTMAR LIEBERT

Ottmar Liebert (born 1 February 1959) is a German guitarist, songwriter and producer best known for his Spanish-influenced music. 
A five-time Grammy Award nominee, Liebert has received 38 Gold and Platinum certifications in the United States, as well as certifications in Canada, Australia and New Zealand. His debut album Nouveau Flamenco (1990) was certified Platinum in the United States.  
August Moon is the 2nd track from his album Borrasca, released in 1991.

VS

ARMIK

Armik Dashchi, professionally known as Armik, is an Iranian-Armenian American New Flamenco guitarist, producer and composer. Several of Armik's albums have reached Billboard's Top New Age Albums chart. 

 A child prodigy, at seven years old he pawned his watch for a classical guitar, which he hid and practiced on in the basement. By the age of nine, Armik had completed formal music lessons as well as a rigid instructional regimen. 


At the age of 12, he was a professional recording artist and launched his solo career in 1994. August Moon is the 6th track from his album Guitarrista, released in 2007.

VOTE NOW!

Please state your preference in comments below and why you chose it.

Voting remains open until 11:59 pm, August 7th, after which I will count the votes, add mine and publish the results.

These are the other BOTB regulars and semi-regulars. Please cruise on by their sites and, if they have a post up, vote on their selections as well: [Check back – there’s no set posting time]

As always, "Sharing is Caring". Spread this musical joy all over your social networks. ๐Ÿ™Œ
Hashtags are #BOTB and #dogladysden


Next Battle on this site will be Sept. 1st.

ROCK ON!

Follow THE DOGLADY'S DEN 's board BATTLE OF THE BANDS #BOTB at THE DOGLADY'S DEN on Pinterest.

decorative scroll for end of post: BOTB

SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING AT THE DOGLADY'S DEN! 
 

27 comments:

  1. Both are wonderful. Liebert gets my vote because I'm more in the mood for soothing vs the more busy, chaotic sounds of Dashchi. Thank you, Deb. Tough competition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the battle, Robyn. ☺ First vote goes to Ottmar Liebert. Thanks for playing BOTB!

      Delete
  2. Armik is so so good! But I like Ottmar more. Give my vote to him. I'm really enjoying listening to both.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another vote for Ottmar Liebert! Thanks, Lee.

      Delete
  3. Debbie,

    Good theme. The moon has been quite big in the sky already. I knew there are two full moons this month since I was curious with our grandson's arrival date mid September. I sort of think he'll be here within days after August's Blue Moon (2nd full moon). :)

    I'm in agreement with Lee. Armik is good but Ottmar is better and giving my vote to him as well. Believe it or not, I not only know Ottmar but have one of his CDs. :)

    My battle can be found here! Have a bandtastic week, my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations in advance on the birth of your grandson, Cathy. You must be SO excited! ☺ How cool that you're familiar with Ottmar. He was a new to me. And, he seems to be the favourite, here. Another vote for Ottmar Liebert!

      Delete
    2. Debbie,

      I apologize for not seeing your reply. I'm so used to your WP sending an email that I forgot that I need to remember to check the "notify me" box. *smack forehead* Anywho, yes I'm very excited about the arrival of our grandson. They have share ultrasound pictures of him with us and it amazes us the quality of the images. Technology has come along way since the day we were in their shoes. :)

      Delete
    3. No need to apologize, Cathy. ☺ Blogger is a different animal, for sure, but at least it's free. I wanted to use the free version of WordPress.com for BOTB, but it wouldn't allow design changes without paying extra. My WordPress.org site is expensive enough!

      You are going to make a wonderful grandma! All the best for you and your family. ♥

      Delete
  4. Love, love, love the theme! As well as the music. It's a tough decision. I could listen to both every day ;-) But for today, Ottmar gets my vote. Great battle, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed this battle diedre. ☺ It seems that Ottmar is running away with it. Another vote for Herr Liebert. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I love my Ottmar! I have his groundbreaking first VD and a couple more. He gets my vote but this other man is also such a virtuoso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised you know Ottmar, Birgit! ☺ He was a new discovery for me and I'm glad I found him. Yet another vote for Herr Liebert. It looks like this one may be a shutout. Thanks for coming by to vote!

      Delete
  6. My thought is, Liebert. I guess the Latin beat doesn't catch me as much as the piano groove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for voting, Chris! It's looking like a shutout is imminent...

      Delete
  7. I feel more drawn to Armik so he gets my vote today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! ☺ It was looking like a shutout until you came along. FINALLY, a vote for Armik.

      Delete
  8. I'm familiar with Liebert and he is an excellent player, but I really liked Armik playing a lot more. His cover sounded a lot like Strunz and Farah, who I like better than Ottmar. Anyway, Armik has my vote, and I will for sure look for more by him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see Armik get another vote. Thanks, John! ☺ I'll be checking out Strunz and Farah now.

      Delete
    2. I could have sworn I wrote a reply, but it's not here....Oh well, try again!

      Glad to see Armik getting some votes now. I'll be looking up Strunz and Farah - thanks for the tip! ☺

      Delete
  9. Hello, DEBBIE!

    I really enjoy this style of music. I used to listen to Paco de Lucia quite a bit. And I have a CD that I bought from a guy named Vadim Brunnell when I saw him playing on the Venice Beach Boardwalk in 2013 or 2014. I have been intending to use him in a BOTB installment for awhile now and eventually I will do just that. He's really great.

    I instantly liked both of these recordings a lot. At first I was inclined to vote for Ottmar. But I liked both recordings so much that I listened to each of them twice and that's when I changed my mind and decided to go with ARMIK. The moments of delicate, flashy speed and the horn convinced me to switch my vote to him.

    My Brother, Judge Al Bondigas (English translation: Judge Meatball), was in the room the second time I played these two songs, so I axed him which one he preferred. He said it was awful close but he slightly preferred OTTMAR. I axed him why and he said, "Because."

    So, there's TWO VOTES, one for each contestant.

    This Battle got me tuned up to hear some Vadim, which I intend to do this morning. Thanks for the inspiration to return to that lovely morning at The Sidewalk Cafe in Venice where I got my Flamenco on!

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's just something about spanish-flavoured music.... I'll be looking up Paco de Lucia and Vadim Brunnell now. ☺ Great to see Armik get more support, but please thank Judge Al, er, Meatball for his Ottmar vote. The Sidewalk Cafรฉ sounds like another great place to hang out.

      Delete
  10. My vote is for Ottmar Liebert. I liked both but I felt like the other version was more "fancy fingerwork" rather than the song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another vote for Ottmar. Thank you, Christine.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks, but this is a music contest and if you leave a comment here, participation is mandatory!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. :img:https://thedogladysden.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/excuse-me-bitmoji.png:eimg:
      If you had interacted with my post and cast a vote, I might have considered reading yours. As it is, your generic, insipid comments are the WORST kind of spam and will be deleted shortly, if you don't respond!

      Delete

Thanks for participating๐ŸŒž