BATTLE OF THE BANDS BY DEBBIE D: FIRST OF MAY #BOTB RESULTS
Hosted by StMcC Presents Battle of the Bands, this is where you listen to different artists and choose the one you prefer. Votes will be tallied and posted the following week. Care to join us on the 1st of every month? (Optionally also on the 15th.) Contact our host, by clicking on the above link (in red) and leaving a comment on his blog. The more, the merrier!

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ”ดThis blog allows embedding of images and videos in comments. ๐Ÿ˜Ž Click HERE ► to learn how.๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿ‘ˆ

May 08, 2023

FIRST OF MAY #BOTB RESULTS

WELCOME BACK TO BOTB! 
It’s time to announce the results of the  May 1st showdown.

This battle featured Mari Wilson vs Cilla Black, two fabulous British singers.

The turnout was even more sparse than last time, which is disappointing. ๐Ÿ˜ข Here's hoping for better results next month!
Most of you preferred Cilla's version, as did I. The original Bee Gees song holds many special memories for me. I have a hard time accepting any covers, but Cilla captured the spirit it of it, so I had to choose her. Not that Mari didn't do a great job, too!

Here’s how it went down:


MARI WILSON
Birgit, Cathy
Total: 02

CILLA BLACK
Arlee, Chris, Debbie, diedre, Stephen
Total: 05

A decisive victory! 

CONGRATULATIONS TO
Cilla Black!
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Here is her biggest hit, from 1964:

As always, "Sharing is Caring". Spread this musical joy all over your social networks. ๐Ÿ™Œ
Hashtags are #BOTB and #dogladysden

 

Don't forget to check back with the others, for their BOTB results: 

Curious as a Cathy / Jingle Jangle Jungle / Mike's Ramblings / Sound of One Hand Typing/ 
HOST: StMcC Presents Battle of the Bands / StreamPebbles / Tossing it Out

Next Battle on this site will be  June 1st.
Next battle on this site will be June 1st.

ROCK ON!

Follow THE DOGLADY'S DEN 's board BATTLE OF THE BANDS #BOTB at THE DOGLADY'S DEN on Pinterest.

decorative scroll for end of post: BOTB

▼ ♫♪♫ Want more music? Head on over to The Doglady's Den! ♫♪♫ ▼

 





8 comments:

  1. DEBBIE D'DOGLADY ~

    Yeah, that was a poor turnout this time. But at least the right contestant won. ;-)

    Mike didn't come around to vote anywhere.
    And Mary didn't make it this time, either. But I know her situation and she's going through some seriously tough times, so her absence is totally understandable and completely forgivable.

    Hopefully the June 1st Battles will be better attended. If not... I'm going to start using TINY TIM exclusively, as a form of punishing the people who don't show up. ...Wait! I don't think that tactic is going to work for some reason. :-)

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought the right person won too, even though I liked them both. No Mike, John or Mary this time out. I'm aware of Mary's situation and wish her well. ♥ OH NO! Please, not Tiny Tim! Then the rest of us might not show up either! ☺ We need to entice more participants, but how?

      Delete
  2. I think this Battle turned out just as it should have (and I don't mean the low turnout). Cilla has more music industry cred and has developed the chops as a result of her time in the business. But the other lady was a fine match.

    Yeah, we need to get more folks out listening and voting. And, yeah, where's Mike? With summer upon us I don't know if we'll see much of an uptick in voting. Usually activity on my blog drops during summer. We'll see. Hang in there.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Lee, on both counts. I haven't been blogging on my main website either, so I guess it'll continue this way through the summer. Such is life!

      Delete
  3. Debbie,

    I was on the wrong side in this battle. I think as the warmer months progress things will fall off greatly in Blogosphere. I'll resume my summer blog schedule after Memorial Day. I'm ready to take things a little easy. You'd think twice a week posting wouldn't be hard but it's kept me hopping so I'm really looking forward to having more down time. Thanks for reporting the results in your showdown. You'll find mine in my 4M post. Have a boogietastic week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy, sorry about the late response. I haven't been blogging either, except for some reruns and BOTB. Can't imagine posting twice a week, or even once a week, which I used to do. I hope you enjoy your downtime. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  4. Yay for Cilla! And I like "You're My World" too. See ya next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay indeed! ☺ Cilla was a formidable star back in the day. Cheers!

      Delete

Thanks for participating๐ŸŒž