BATTLE OF THE BANDS BY DEBBIE D: HEY JOE #BOTB RESULTS
Hosted by StMcC Presents Battle of the Bands, this is where you listen to different artists and choose the one you prefer. Votes will be tallied and posted the following week. Care to join us on the 1st of every month? (Optionally also on the 15th.) Contact our host, by clicking on the above link (in red) and leaving a comment on his blog. The more, the merrier!

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ”ดThis blog allows embedding of images and videos in comments. ๐Ÿ˜Ž Click HERE ► to learn how.๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿ‘ˆ

April 08, 2023

HEY JOE #BOTB RESULTS

WELCOME BACK TO BOTB! 
It’s time to announce the results of the April 1st showdown.

This battle featured Wess & The Airedales, an American/Italian funk & soul band vs Tim Rose, an American singer/songwriter.

The turnout was a bit sparse, possibly due to bloggers being preoccupied with the April A to Z Challenge. No matter! The show must go on...
At least there was more of a contest, unlike last month's blowout!
Jimi's version of Hey Joe has long been a favourite of mine and I thought Tim Rose actually improved on it by changing the lyrics and making it even darker.
On the other hand, Wess & The Airedales' funky take was a complete departure and downright infectious! After much deliberation, I cast my vote for them. 

Here’s how it went down:


WESS & THE AIREDALES
Birgit, Debbie, diedre, Stephen
Total: 04

TIM ROSE
Arlee, Cathy, Mary, Mike
Total: 04

Holy crap, it's a tie! 
Still better than a blowout ๐Ÿ˜†

CONGRATULATIONS TO
Wess & The Airedales AND Tim Rose!
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Here's another tune from each:

As always, "Sharing is Caring". Spread this musical joy all over your social networks. ๐Ÿ™Œ
Hashtags are #BOTB and #dogladysden

 

Don't forget to check back with the others, for their BOTB results: 

Curious as a Cathy / Jingle Jangle Jungle / Mike's Ramblings / Sound of One Hand Typing/ 
HOST: StMcC Presents Battle of the Bands / StreamPebbles / Tossing it Out

Next Battle on this site will be  May 1st.
Next battle on this site will be May 1st.
ROCK ON!

rockchick bitmoji

Follow THE DOGLADY'S DEN 's board BATTLE OF THE BANDS #BOTB at THE DOGLADY'S DEN on Pinterest.

decorative scroll for end of post: BOTB

▼ ♫♪♫ Want more music? Head on over to The Doglady's Den! ♫♪♫ ▼

 


10 comments:

  1. Wow! A tie!? Will there be a re-match?
    Seems like there's more to enjoy every time I visit your site - good job on it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A rematch? Hmmm, I'll mull that over... ๐Ÿ˜Ž Thanks for the compliment about the site. I had fun putting it all together.

      Delete
  2. So far, the Battle results I've been seeing have all been close. Mine was almost a tie except my own vote put one over the other. Nice job picking out close competitors.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun when you can decide the outcome, Lee. I'm glad you enjoyed the battle.

      Delete
  3. DEBBIE ~

    Yeah, voting did seem like a downturn from the usual numbers this time. But this was (obviously) an extremely good BOTB match-up!

    I really dislike ties, but that's because I've had too many of them. However, they still beat a shutout, that's for sure.

    You went from a blowout to a tie. I predict your next Battle will be a 1-vote margin of victory (my favorite BOTB Results).

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your prediction Stephen and hope you're right! More traffic would be nice too. Onwards...

      Delete
    2. >>... "More traffic would be nice"

      Hmmm.... Was that a kind of unintentional, subconscious, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious hint? Are you maybe unconsciously planning to spontaneously, spur-of-the-moment, improvise a calculated idea to use the great musical group TRAFFIC in your next Battle?

      Or am I just minimally reading too much into a cold and calculated and very nonchalant offhand remark that you deviously jotted down without meaning to tip your hand about an idea that had never even occurred to you?

      ~ D-FensDogG

      POSTSCRIPT: You wanna know something scary? I correctly wrote that word, "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious", without even having to Google the proper spelling of it!

      POST-POSTSCRIPT: You wanna know something even SCARIER that *THAT*?!
      I wrote this entire comment while being entirely sober!! (Can you imagine what I could come up with if I ever introduced alcoholic libations into my writing? I could probably set the whole world on fire... in one way or 'nother.)

      Delete
    3. Hmmm, I didn't think of the band, Traffic, but that's an interesting suggestion! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

      That super-long word is easy to spell, because it's exactly as it sounds! ๐Ÿ˜

      Your comments are always entertaining, Stephen, regardless of libations. It's the writer in you! ๐Ÿน

      :youtube:sS_eHdqcrM8:eyoutube:

      Delete
  4. No winner, no loser! As you said, at least it's not a blow out. lol Great battle. I'm not sure what's going on but I'm having issues clicking on the videos in this post, so I couldn't get them to play or go to YT. *roll eyes* It might be on my end with my browser but I wanted you to know about it. ;) My results are up in today's post. Have a bandtastic week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy, I guess it's an improvement from the last time. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for letting me know about the videos! Apparently my html styling was interfering with playback, so I changed things around. They work now. ๐Ÿ‘

      Delete

Thanks for participating๐ŸŒž